Although the actual changing the oil in your car engine is an easy process, many people prefer to go to the garage to replace it. Here are some tips for those who want to save a little time and costs, by changing the oil in the engine itself.
A. Put your car on the surface absolutely flat.
2. Cars must be completely stopped in the state (not moving). If necessary, use jack stands to hold the body of the car.
3. Jack stands should always be installed when the car is lifted by a jack. Do not be under the car if the car is still in the inflated condition.
4. Always use gloves made from thick and heat resistant when changing the oil in the engine, the valve cover to avoid the hot oil.
A. Guidebooks. It’s very important to be able to find information about the type of engine oil and how much dose it takes your car engine
2. Car engine oil
3. Bowls used oil container
4. The new oil filter
5. Key oil filter
6. Toothed lock opener
8. A set screw locks
11. Two jack stands or car body buffer
Changing the Oil
A. When we prepare the equipment for an oil change the engine, leave the engine running for about 10 seconds, before changing the oil. Then, put your car on a flat surface and attach the hand-brake or hand brake.
2. Put the jack on a hard surface and Were able to support the car body.
3. Dongkraklah front of the car with caution. If necessary, enter the first gear for the cars manual transmission. Or even more convincing, ganjallah rear tires with rocks.
4. Look in the manual, where the location of the valve to remove oil. Usually it is located on the front-middle-bottom of the car.
5. Make sure the bowl used oil container under the oil discharge valve, before opening the valve. By using the lock opening, turn the valve clockwise (if you open it from the top). Be careful, it could be the temperature of the oil is hot.
6. Let the oil come out until it is completely depleted, while the oil is clean the exhaust valve, and open the valve to enter the new oil. After re-attach the exhaust valve, tighten with a reasonable (not too tight).
7. Replace your old oil filter with new one. Check the seal of the filter and add new layers of thick films for seal coat. Then install a new oil filter and tighten by hand.
8. Once the new filter is installed, open the engine oil cap, insert the funnel and pour the engine oil new, according to a predetermined dose of the manual. After the dose is met, close the oil cap back on and clean up oil spills around the hole.
9. Turn on the car and leave the engine running for a while. Then check the oil level with the measuring stick (already terpasan above the engine) and add more oil if needed.
10. Examine the possibility of a leak in the drain oil and new oil filter. If there is, tighten until no visible oil seepage. In addition, if you always add the oil to get the right dose, there is a leak in the engine oil. Then you should immediately check the leak. Or immediately contact the nearest service station.
Note the oil change date and mileage of your car. Oil should be changed every 3000 miles, or every three months, if you’re not too often and not much riding. Late replacement of oil will result in a simple increase in engine temperature and engine sounds rough.
When changing oil, you should also check for other car parts that contain fluids, such as cooling, power steering, transmission and brakes. Who knows, required the addition of brake fluid or oil, so you can control it. Well, good luck.